Welcome to the Canyons School District Policy Manual. Here you will find links to Canyons School District policies, forms, and other helpful information.
Board Approved Policies in 2011-2012 School Year:
- Policy - GDCA - Support Staff Sick Leave (ESP) - June 2011 (Rescinds CSD Adopted Policy - DP326 NEG)
- GDCG-Release Time For ESP Employee Agent Group President - June 2011 (Rescinds CSD Adopted Policy A5B - NEG)
- GDQA-Reduction in Force Support Staff (ESP) - June 2011 - (Rescinds - CSD Adopted Policies DP348 NEG & DP349 NEG)
Board Approved Policies in 2010-2011 School Year:
- Policy-GBAC-Criminal Background Checks – May 2011
Board Approved Policies in 2009-2010 School Year:
- Policy KCE - School Community Councils – October 2009 under Revision
- Policy ICD - School Year Calendar Development – November 2009
- Policy EHB - Data/Records Retention – December 2009
- Policy GCD - Professional Staff Vacations – December 2009
- Policy JICFA - Hazing and Bullying – May 2010
- Policy GDM - Support Staff Development Committee – May 2010
- Policy IHB - Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 -- September 2010
- Adopted Policy Manual
Adoption of the National Education Policy Network (NEPN) Classification System
The Canyons Board of Education adopted a new alphabetic coding system (the NEPN Classification System) developed by the National School Board Association on October 20, 2009. This innovation allows Canyons School District to compare and conduct policy research with other NSBA affiliate member schools based on a national policy indexing system.
The NEPN Classification System uses an alphabetic coding system, designed so that policies can be easily and quickly located, to organize policies. The system is contained in 12 sections and has its own family of subcategories—codes that are accompanied by a descriptor terms that provide suggested titles for policy statements. The NEPN classification system provides a comprehensive list of policy codes, but its letter coding can be easily customized by districts that need more detailed codes in any specific area.
Section L - Education Agency Relations
Canyons School District is engaged in two comprehensive ongoing projects to develop a transparent, user-friendly, navigable online policy manual for patrons.
- A complete re-classification of the Policy System adopted initially by the Canyons’ Board of Education. This project includes a complete redesign of policy documents, policy components, and the existing policy manual. In addition, this project includes the development of on-line training modules, links to forms, and other helpful information.
- The development of new policies to align with the academic goals of Canyons School District and revision of existing policies under the direction of the Board of Education and Office of the Superintendent.
We appreciate your patience as these projects continue. Please send feedback and comments regarding the Canyons District Policy Manual to email@example.com.