An impressive number of the employees who participated in Canyons District’s “Maintain, Don’t Gain” wellness program successfully battled the bulge over the holidays.
In all, 653 CSD employees signed up to participate and weighed in right before the Thanksgiving break. For the final weigh-in, which was conducted immediately after the winter recess, 544 of those employees stepped on the scale to find out whether they lost or maintained weight from November to January.
A whopping 73 percent of those employees logged the same weight or shed a few pounds, according to the District’s Insurance Office, which sponsored the “Maintain, Don’t Gain” contest. Those who qualified were entered into a drawing for some fantastic prizes.
The drawing was held Friday, Jan. 6, and below is a list of the winners.
Winners can contact the District’s Insurance Office at 801-826-5428 to collect their prizes.
- iPad2 — Anne Marie Utley, Sandy Elementary
- Amazon Kindle — James Dean, Transportation
- Sony Cybershot camera — Ta’Mera Masson, Sprucewood Elementary
- Sports Authority gift card — Joey Newman, Eastmont Middle
- Target gift card — Spencer Van Hoose, Copperview Elementary
- Barnes and Noble gift card — Tercia Jarvis, Granite Elementary
- Best Buy gift card — Brenda McCann, Hillcrest High
- Home Depot gift card — Miyoko Hashimoto, Peruvian Park
- Home Depot gift card — Keri Thompson, Jordan Valley
- Sports Authority gift card — Amy Olsen, Albion Middle
- Target gift card — Susan Taylor, Altara Elementary
- Barnes and Noble gift card — Carla Matagi, CTEC
- Barnes and Noble gift card — Herbert Martin, Indian Hills Middle
- Best Buy gift card — Cheryl Shaw, Accounting
- Best Buy gift card — Allison Christensen, Transportation
- Sports Authority gift card — Gina Bench, Human Resources
- Sports Authority gift card — Anne Pack, Hillcrest High
- Target gift card — Dorilynn Roberts, Custodial
- Target gift card — Alecia Tilley, Mt. Jordan Middle
- Target gift card — Kat Winch, Jordan Valley