Are you worried about staying healthy during the holidays? There may be a lot of yummy food and candy waiting to be eaten, but there are some ways that you can still enjoy the holidays without worrying about how much weight you will be putting on. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics has 8 suggestions to keep your holidays fun and healthy.
1. Make realistic goals. You don’t need the stress of starting a diet and trying to lose weight
2. Use smaller plates so you will get smaller portions
3. Eat a healthy snack before going to a party
4. Focus on conversations and not food
5. Look at the food options before you make your food choices
6. Try to balance what you eat at parties to what you typically eat in a day
7. Drink in moderation. Beverages contain calories as well and can be easily consumed
8. Watch portion sizes and take smaller portions or tastes of high calorie dishes
We hope you all have a wonderful Winter Break and a Happy New Year!