Thanksgiving as well as the holiday season is just around the corner, and many of you are groaning because you are worried about how to stay healthy during this holiday season. There are so many delicious foods and sweets that tempt us and Thanksgiving only happens once a year. Luckily, there are ways that we can all stay a little healthier and “survive” Thanksgiving.
1. Make sure to stay hydrated. Sometimes hunger is mistaken for thirst so make sure you drink several cups of water before the dinner.
2. Exercise. Get the family together for some outside fun or go on a walk with some family members after the Thanksgiving dinner. This will help burn some of the calories and taking a walk after will actually help the food better digest.
3. Eat Breakfast. It may be tempting to skip breakfast before Thanksgiving, but make sure you eat a good breakfast so you aren’t starving for Thanksgiving Dinner. This will prevent you from overeating.
4. Socialize. This is a one time a year occasion and instead of focusing on the food, make sure you talk and play games with your relatives and do it away from the food so you don’t end up eating more.
5. Help Clean up. This can get you moving and also helps remove the food so you don’t mindlessly eat 3rds or 4ths.
6. Don’t overeat. Make sure you get a sampling of all the delicious foods that you have been craving, but try not to overdo it. Pay attention to your fullness level and when it starts to get uncomfortable stop. Overeating is what causes the after-Thanksgiving Dinner- nap.
For more tips on how to make this Thanksgiving a bit Healthier visit: