The 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans that was recently released at the beginng of the year to offer us a helpful guide on how to improve your health by changes in your eating habits. Here are a few areas focused on in the new dietary guidelines. Hopefully you will be able to take one of the new guidelines and implement it into you own eating habits to start for a healthier you.
- Balance Calories to Lose Weight
- Foods and Nutrients to Increase in your Diet
- Whole Grains, Vegetables, Fruits, Low-Fat or Fat Free milk products, Vegetable Oils (canola, corn, olive, peanut and soybean), Seafood
- Food and Food Components to Reduce
- Sodium, Fats (solid fat, trans fat)
For more information and helpful tips on how to improve your diet, or to read the new guidelines visit the USDA website for great ideas.