The Board of Education is continuing its momentum on a series of building projects made possible by a $250 million bond that voters approved in 2010.
Five of the bond projects remain. They are:
• Mount Jordan Middle rebuild, underway now and scheduled for completion in fall 2015
• Butler Elementary rebuild, scheduled for completion in fall 2016 under a new, expedited schedule approved by the Board
• Midvale Middle rebuild, scheduled for completion in fall 2017
• A White City area elementary rebuild, scheduled for completion in fall 2017 under a new, expedited schedule approved by the Board
• Indian Hills renovation, scheduled for completion in fall 2018
In an Aug. 5, 2014 Board of Education meeting, President Sherril Taylor said the Board has worked hard to keep its word on the bond projects placed before voters prior to the June 2010 bond election.
The completed projects made possible by bond proceeds are:
• Corner Canyon High School: Fall 2013
• Upgrades at Brighton and Hillcrest high schools to accommodate ninth-graders: Fall 2013
• Rebuilt Butler Middle School: Fall 2013
• Rebuilt Draper Park Middle School (formerly Crescent View Middle School): Fall 2013
• Rebuilt Midvale Elementary: Fall 2012
• Refurbish Albion Middle School: Fall 2012
• Seismic upgrades at Sandy Elementary: Fall 2011
Also underway in fall 2014 is construction of a Brighton High dedicated soccer field, located in front of Butler Middle School. The field will be one of the only stadiums created for high school soccer in the state of Utah, The Salt Lake Tribune reports
. The stadium will have two sets of bleachers and accommodate 300-350 spectators. It also will include a concessions area, small team rooms and storage. The stadium was designed following extensive input from the community.